Join Dan Burke and guest host, Stephanie Burke, as they speak with Connie Rossini about authentic contemplative prayer.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- What is authentic contemplative prayer?
- Why did Connie start the authentic contemplative prayer group?
- Why do we need to bring clarity to the realm of spirituality?
- What are the top three problems with centering prayer?
- How should we begin a prayer routine?
- What is “affective prayer” and how would one pray this way?
- What is discursive prayer?
- Can we enter into contemplative prayer by our own efforts, or does God call us to contemplative prayer?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Is Centering Prayer Catholic? by Connie Rossini
- The Contemplative Rosary by Dan Burke and Connie Rossini
- Contemplative Homeschool – website for Connie Rossini
- Daily Mass Readings – a USCCB Bible link
- Into the Deep: Finding Peace through Prayer by Dan Burke
- 1 Thessalonians 5:23 – USCCB Bible link
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom. Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio, Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
Please click on the links below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: