Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- What are attachments and disordered attachments?
- What are the steps to overcoming habitual sin?
- What role does fasting from food play in overcoming habitual sin?
- Is it okay to fast for both spiritual and physical reasons simultaneously?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Navigating the Spiritual Life by Dan Burke
- Spiritual Dictionary
- The Seven Deadly Sins by Dr. Kevin Vost
- A Manual for Conquering Deadly Sin by Fr. Dennis Kolinski, SJC
- 1 Thessalonians 5:23 – USCCB Bible link
- To receive a link with the steps to overcoming habitual sin text “Y2G” to the number 38470.
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom. Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio, Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
Please click on the links below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: