Description: Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they speak with Maria Scaperlanda about her book Edith Stein, where they discuss the importance of this 20th century saint and her impact on the Catholic Church.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- What was Edith Stein like as a young girl?
- Did Edith grow up practicing Judaism?
- Did Edith have any relationship with God as a child, teenager, or young adult?
- How did Edith become interested in the Catholic Church?
- What did Edith learn as a student of philosophy and more specifically phenomenology?
- What role did St. Teresa of Avila play in Edith’s conversion to Catholicism?
- What important events took place after Edith Stein entered Carmel and became a Carmelite sister?
- How were St. Teresa Benedicta’s writings preserved during the Nazi invasion?
- What happened after she moved to the Netherlands?
- How was she martyred for the Faith?
- What is St. Teresa Benedicta’s legacy here on earth?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Sophia Institute Press
- Edith Stein: The Life and Legacy of St. Teresa Benedicta of the Cross by Maria Ruiz Scaperlanda
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching. On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books and about the authors’ own insights on those books. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which, primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Please click on the links below to listen to today’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: