Description: Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they address the problem with the current trend of practicing mindfulness, from both a spiritual and scientific perspective.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- Is there a Catholic version of mindfulness?
- Can you find true peace through mindfulness?
- How can there be false peace?
- Who is Jon Kabat-Zinn?
- How is the modern understanding of mindfulness deceptive?
- Is there any truth to Buddhism?
- If one claims that the practice of mindfulness is helpful, why should he or she avoid it?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- A Catholic Guide to Mindfulness by Susan Brinkmann, OCDS
- Nostra Aetate Declaration on the Relation of the Church to Non-Christian Religions by Blessed Pope Paul VI
- Letter to the Bishops of the Catholic Church on Some Aspects of Christian Meditation by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom. Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio, Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
Please click on the links below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: