The Apostles and Their Times
Description: Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they speak with Mike Aquilina about his book The Apostles and Their Times to help Catholics better understand the roots of the Catholic Church and what early Christianity was really like.
Topics/Questions covered on the show:
- How can this book help us discover the truth about the Apostles and Apostolic Fathers?
- What is the difference between an Apostle and an Apostolic Father?
- What impact do the writings of the Apostolic Fathers have on the Catholic Church?
- How accepting were the Jewish and Roman people to the Gospel message? What was the spiritual climate like during the time of the Apostles?
- Is the persecution Christians are encountering today in the Holy Land similar to that of the times of the Apostles?
- What are the most common misconceptions about the early Church?
- What role does archeology play in helping us understand more about the Apostles and the early Church?
- What should the reader come away with after reading this book?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Sophia Institute Press
- The Apostles and Their Times by Mike Aquilina
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching. On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books and about the authors’ own insights on those books. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which, primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Please click on the links below to listen to today’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: