Our Lady of Fatima’s Sculpture
Today, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson speak with Fr. Hugh Vincent Dyer about Vision of Fatima, the journey of a Dominican priest who sculpted the image of Our Lady of Fatima with the guidance of Lucia, the oldest of the three shepherd children who saw the apparition of the Blessed Mother.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- Who is Fr. Thomas McGlynn and why is his book being reprinted now?
- What makes this book about Fatima different from others devoted to the same subject matter?
- Is the statue accurate according to Lucia?
- What inspired Fr. McGlynn to sculpt Our Lady of Fatima as opposed to a different vision of the Blessed Mother?
- What themes can the reader take away from the message of Our Lady?
- What did Fr. McGlynn take away from this experience?
- How should we pray the rosary and why?
- Who is Irma Dores and why did she want people to know about the spiritual meaning of things?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Sophia Institute Press
- Vision of Fatima by Fr. Thomas McGlynn, O.P.
- www.VisionofFatima.org – Saint John Paul II Society website page about the book Vision of Fatima
- The Contemplative Rosary by Dan Burke and Connie Rossini
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching. On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books and about the authors’ own insights on those books. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which, primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Please click on the links below to listen to today’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: