Description: Why should we deepen our prayer life? Dan and Melissa speak with Dr. Anthony Lilles about his book Fire from Above: Christian Contemplation and Mystical Wisdom to explain the importance behind contemplative prayer and the reasons to make it part of one’s daily prayer life.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- What was the motivation behind writing the book?
- What significance is behind making the sign of the cross?
- Is there meaning behind touching the head, upper abdomen and shoulders when making the sign of the cross?
- Who is St. Elizabeth of the Trinity and why is she significant?
- Is contemplative prayer only reserved for priests and religious?
- What is the importance of entering into a deeper prayer life?
Resources for today’s show:
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Sophia Institute Press
- Fire from Above by Dr. Anthony Lilles
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. — please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching. On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books and about the authors’ own insights on those books. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which, primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Please click on the links below to listen to today’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: