Description: Why should we have confidence in God? Dan, Melissa and Dr. Anthony Lilles explore the unmatched confidence that St. Thérèse has for her Beloved and how this confidence in God can change everyday life.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- Thérèse has absolute confidence in Jesus and offers her life to Him in loving, trustful surrender.
- How can we come to understand that God is arranging the events of our life of exile, especially when the events are painful?
- When we choose to see the events of our lives through faith, Jesus is with us, standing beside us through the difficulties.
- Why should our confidence in God mirror that of a child in the womb?
- God’s love for us is exponentially greater than that of a mother’s love for her child.
- Our Beloved has set a path for us that we must follow to find Him. We know that God has given us all that we need to reach Him.
- In order to come to the confidence that Thérèse has in God, we must never make major decisions out of fear.
- We must frequent the sacraments.
- We must make time each day for conversation with God.
Resources for this week’s show:
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Living the Mystery of Merciful Love: 30 Days with Thérèse of Lisieux by Dr. Anthony Lilles and Dan Burke
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
- Please click on the links below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: