Description: Today, Dan, Melissa and Dr. Anthony Lilles discuss how this life can feel like both a desert and an exile at times and how God gives us the strength to persevere through difficulty.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- St. Thérèse has a self-giving way of loving God. She desires no consolations or perceptible love in return, only “a love felt by Jesus”.
- Is it wrong to desire an experiential love?
- God will manifest Himself to anyone sincerely seeking Him with faith, but He will do so in His own way.
- How can we keep from becoming discouraged by St. Thérèse’s seemingly unattainable holiness?
- How can we cross the desert of this life to come to know the glory of the next?
- St. Thérèse believes that she is profoundly and uniquely loved by God and that each and every person is profoundly and uniquely loved by God.
- What is the “day of distances”?
- Progress on the path of spiritual maturity is made by averting our attention from the trials we are experiencing and instead focusing on what pleases God.
Resources for this week’s show:
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Living the Mystery of Merciful Love: 30 Days with Thérèse of Lisieux by Dr. Anthony Lilles and Dan Burke
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
- Please click on the links below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: