Description: Being single and Catholic isn’t always easy in today’s world. Dan and Melissa address this problem as they speak with Judy Keane about her book Single and Catholic: Finding Meaning in Your State of Life.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- Is this book about dating and courtship?
- In what ways can one make the most of his or her time as a single person?
- What are some of the myths and misunderstandings of being single?
- How can a single person who feels called to marriage best live his or her faith and find that potential spouse?
- How important is establishing a prayer life and relationship with Christ when we seek relationships with others?
- What can a faithful, prayerful, introverted person do to meet other faithful Catholics?
- If one feels called to marriage but is advanced in years, what should he or she do to fulfill God’s will?
Resources for today’s show:
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Sophia Institute Press
- Single and Catholic by Judy Keane
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching. On Tuesdays, they delve into various resources for growth in the spiritual life, including interviewing authors who speak about the spiritual writing they’ve done. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Please click on the links below to listen to today’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: