Description: Today, Dan and Melissa speak with Fr. Ed Broom about attaining holiness in everyday life in his book From Humdrum to Holy.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- What is an Oblate of the Virgin Mary?
- Can anyone become holy? Is sainthood attainable in this life?
- How do prayer and participating in the sacraments play a role in becoming holy?
- What are some practical steps for the average person to become holy?
- Why should we practice a daily examen? Does the examen only focus on recognizing our sins?
- Is patience important to practice on the path to holiness?
Resources for today’s show:
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Sophia Institute Press
- From Humdrum to Holy by Fr. Ed Broom
- fatherbroom.com – Fr. Broom’s website
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching. On Tuesdays, they delve into various resources for growth in the spiritual life, including interviewing authors who speak about the spiritual writing they’ve done. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which, primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Please click on the links below to listen to today’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: