Description: This week Dan, Melissa and Dr. Anthony Lilles unmask the truth behind scrupulosity through the wisdom of St. Thérèse of Lisieux.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- St. Thérèse’s cousin, Marie, is plagued by scrupulosity and will not receive the Eucharist.
- What is scrupulosity?
- Has St. Thérèse ever experienced this problem in her own spiritual life?
- At what point does scrupulosity commonly manifest itself during the spiritual journey?
- Can our wickedness ever be greater than God’s mercy?
- What advice does St. Thérèse give to Marie to help her with this problem?
- How do St. Ignatius of Loyola’s rules of discernment apply to this situation?
Resources for this week’s show:
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Living the Mystery of Merciful Love: 30 Days with Thérèse of Lisieux by Dr. Anthony Lilles and Dan Burke
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
- Please click on the links below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: