Description: This week Dan, Melissa and Dr. Anthony Lilles contemplate St. Thérèse’s understanding of the brevity of life and what is necessary to fulfill the will of God.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- What does St. Thérèse mean when she says, “…life is a moment between two eternities”?
- How are there two eternities?
- How do we live life in the best way possible in order to progress from one eternity to the other?
- How can we draw ourselves out of our current sufferings to see things in the light of the God’s providence?
- How can we experience peace amidst the most difficult trials of life?
- Heaven is the finest moment of our humanity.
- What is peace?
- Is there a distinction between peace and joy?
- What is necessary to fulfill the will of God?
Resources for this week’s show:
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Living the Mystery of Merciful Love: 30 Days with Thérèse of Lisieux by Dr. Anthony Lilles and Dan Burke
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
- Please click on the links below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: