Description: Dan and Melissa speak with Vicki Burbach about her book How to Read Your Way to Heaven: A Spiritual Reading Program for the Worst of Sinners, the Greatest of Saints, and Everyone in Between.
Questions/Topics Covered on the Show:
- What was the inspiration for writing the book?
- Can anyone follow this reading program?
- How much time will it take out of my day?
- Why are there three different programs (1, 3, or 5 years)?
- Why include readings from Scripture, the Catechism, and additional sources each day?
- Can I substitute books if I have already read one of the suggested books?
- Where can I find a good recommendation for a substitution if I need one?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Sophia Institute Press
- How to Read Your Way to Heaven: A Spiritual Reading Program for the Worst of Sinners, the Greatest of Saints, and Everyone in Between by Vicki Burbach
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching. On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books, and also review various other resources. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which, primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Click on the links below to listen to the show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: