Receiving God’s Mercy
Mercy Mission (Part II of III)
Today, we bring you part two of the “Mercy Mission” Father Michael Najim preached before Holy Week, which focuses on receiving and experiencing God’s mercy. As a bonus, a beautiful Ignatian-style guided meditation is included as part of this talk as well.
In part one, Father Najim reflected on What is Mercy? For part two of this “Mercy Mission”, Father Najim’s talk begins at 8:15 with a Gospel reading and ends at 34:55 (and, of course, you are certainly free to view the entire clip). During this reflection, you will, again, hear Father Najim mention a few references. So, we’ve added some of those references below the actual video itself.
As well, we apologize anew, in advance, for ads which we were unable to remove, and we ask your mercy! It’s the only way we could bring you this excellent resource.
References in Part Two of Father Michael Najim’s “Mercy Mission”:
- The Mission — movie
- Opening Homily of Pontificate — Pope Benedict XVI, 24 April 2005
- The Man with the Withered Hand (Matthew 12:9-14, Mark 3:1-6, Luke 6:6-11)
- The Pharisee and the Publican in the Temple (Luke 18:9-14)
- The Man sick for 38 Years Waiting to be Cured (John 5:1-18)
- The Woman Caught in Adultery (John 8:1-11)
Editor’s Note: In part three, Father Najim will talk about living out and giving God’s mercy to others.
Art: The Man with the Withered Hand, James Tissot, between 1886 and 1894, PD-US author’s life plus 100 years or less, Wikimedia Commons.