30 Days with Teresa of Avila
Reflections on Days 6 and 7
Why we can rejoice in suffering, and ways to identify attachments. Dan and Melissa discuss these topics and more as they reflect on letters from St. Teresa in the book 30 Days with Teresa of Avila.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- St. Teresa struggles with sin, revealing her humanity. How does she deal with it?
- Reflections on 1 Peter, Chapter 1 regarding suffering as an opportunity to grow closer to God.
- The more we grow in the interior life, the less need we have for earthly consolations.
- Using a “spiritual dashboard” to identify your attachments.
- Dealing with disordered attachments to things we need to live, e.g. food and exercise.
- Help bring Avila to Aspen – Participate in a project that aims to revitalize the Catholic Church in Aspen, Colorado.
- Bring Avila to Aspen with Fr. John Hilton
- 30 Days with Teresa of Avila – Dan Burke and Anthony Lilles, Emmaus Road Publishing
- Dr. Anthony Lilles – https://spiritualdirection.com/author/dr-lilles
- The Way of Perfection – Teresa of Avila – EWTN Religious Catalog
- SpiritualDirection.com Book Club
- 1 Peter 1:6-9 – http://www.usccb.org/bible/1peter/1
- For call in questions for future shows 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. If the show is inspiring to you and you would like to help us make it a daily show, please click here to donate. All donors will receive a signed copy of your choice of Dan’s books: Finding God through Meditation, 30 Days with Teresa of Avila, or Navigating the Interior Life.