30 Days with Teresa of Avila
Reflections on Days 5 and 6
Does the Catholic Church suppress women? How should Christians intercede in political issues? Dan and Melissa address these questions and more as they reflect on letters from St. Teresa in the book 30 Days with Teresa of Avila.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- Announcement: Help bring Avila to Aspen – A new project that includes a revitalization of the Catholic Church in Aspen, Colorado.
- St. Teresa had the ability to affect political situations with her power and humility.
- Does the Catholic Church suppress women? Look at St. Teresa’s life in the Church. How does the Church regard the Blessed Mother?
- Should we, as Christians, act to intercede in government affairs? Reflections on 1 Timothy, Chapter 2.
- Action and voting in conjunction with holiness and prayer.
- Letter for Day 6: Tune in next week for more on the humility, discernment, illness and suffering of St. Teresa.
- Bring Avila to Aspen with Fr. John Hilton
- 30 Days with Teresa of Avila – Dan Burke and Anthony Lilles, Emmaus Road Publishing
- Dr. Anthony Lilles – https://spiritualdirection.com/author/dr-lilles
- EWTN Religious Catalog – http://www.ewtnreligiouscatalogue.com
- SpiritualDirection.com Book Club
- St. Teresa of Avila: The Book of Her Foundations A Study Guide
- 1 Timothy, Chapter 2 – http://www.usccb.org/bible/1timothy/2
- For Call in questions for future shows 818-646-7729 — please leave your name, location, and question.
- Click on the arrow below to listen to the show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. If the show is inspiring to you and you would like to help us make it a daily show, please click here to donate. All donors will receive a signed copy of your choice of Dan’s new books: Finding God through Meditation, 30 Days with Teresa of Avila, or Navigating the Interior Life. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the arrow below to listen to the show: