What about your experience with spiritual direction?
Dear Catholic Spiritual Direction Friends,
More than 500 of you have told us that you are in an active spiritual direction relationship right now. Would you mind answering a few questions about your experience with spiritual direction? I am about half way through a book project on the topic and want to be sure that it is a valuable service to the Church. Regardless of whether you are in an active relationship now, if you have had experience with spiritual direction, feel free to answer any or all of the questions by replying to this post via the comment feature below. Any feedback is welcome – even if it answers a question I did not ask. Thank you in advance for your help!
- What exercises or specific aspects of spiritual direction have been most helpful to you?
- What do you wish you had known before entering into the process?
- What are your questions about spiritual direction?
- What do you struggle with in spiritual direction? What has been frustrating to you?
- Are you in spiritual direction but still stuck in your spiritual growth? If yes, where are you stuck?
- If you could ask your spiritual director to change one thing about your relationship, what would it be?
He is real, present, and good, may He always be so to you.