Forty Anti-Catholic Lies Part 5
Do Catholics really worship statues and live by rituals? Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson in part five of their interview with Dr. Gerard Verschuuren about his book, Forty Anti-Catholic Lies to debunk these myths.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- Do Catholics worship statues?
- Why did the Catholic Church include statues and stained glass in its churches?
- What are icons and why are they important to Catholics, especially the Eastern rites?
- Do Catholics live by rituals?
- What are rituals and why is there a negative connotation associated with rituals?
- Rituals are required in the Old Testament.
- Are rituals ever empty of meaning and purpose?
- What is the difference between rituals and routine?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Sophia Institute Press
- Forty Anti-Catholic Lies by Dr. Gerard Verschuuren
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is the Divine Intimacy Radio Show?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those people seeking an increased intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, host Dan Burke and his co-host, Melissa Elson, explore topics related to the interior life and to authentic Catholic teaching. And, it’s amazing what they do! On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books and about the authors’ own insights on those books. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Please click on the links below to listen to today’s show! Please remember to tell your friends and your family about the show and to help us get the word out about it. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: