What was significant about the papacy of Pope Benedict XVI and what should we take away from his years as our pontiff? Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they speak with the author, James Day about
his book, Father Benedict to address these questions and more.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- What was the inspiration behind the book?
- What surprising about Pope Benedict’s papacy and writings?
- How did Pope Benedict challenge modernism?
- How did Pope Benedict’s personal, spiritual life and perspective of relationship with God shape his pontificate?
- What is the devotion to the Holy Face and why was it significant to Pope Benedict?
- What were some of the misunderstandings about Pope Benedict?
- What is metanoia? Why is it a reoccurring theme in the book and in Pope Benedict’s pontificate?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Sophia Institute Press
- Father Benedict by James Day
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is the Divine Intimacy Radio Show?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those people seeking an increased intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, host Dan Burke and his co-host, Melissa Elson, explore topics related to the interior life and to authentic Catholic teaching. And, it’s amazing what they do! On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books and about the authors’ own insights on those books. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Please click on the links below to listen to today’s show! Please remember to tell your friends and your family about the show and to help us get the word out about it. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: