Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they speak with Connie Rossini about Fr. Jacques Philippe’s book Time for God and the efforts and dispositions involved in establishing a prayer life.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- Why are prayer and the liturgy attacked so frequently in our time?
- Love is a matter of will not of feelings.
- How should one go about advancing in prayer if he or she is authentically trying to love God?
- The Holy Spirit will lead us in prayer.
- Why does Fr. Philippe believe that it is deeply important to realize God’s love for us?
- How much effort should be involved in prayer?
- Does God work in our souls even if we do not feel like our prayer time was successful?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Time for God by Fr. Jacques Philippe
- Authentic Contemplative Prayer – Connie Rossini’s Facebook Group
- The Contemplative Rosary by Dan Burke and Connie Rossini
- Is Centering Prayer Catholic? by Connie Rossini
- Spiritual Canticle: Stanza 1, Number 12 by St. John of the Cross
- “The Avila Summit” Information and Registration
- Text “summit2018” to 38470 to save $50 on registration to The Avila Summit.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:23 – USCCB Bible link
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those people seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom. Every week our co-hosts Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio, Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
Please click on the links below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends and your family about the show and help us to get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: