Description: Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they speak with Dr. Anthony Lilles about the importance of the Advent season to prepare our hearts for the coming of the Savior.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- What is the meaning and purpose of Advent?
- Why should we fast during Advent?
- How does the removal of sin from our lives help us prepare for the coming of Christ at Christmas?
- What are the “three comings” of Christ?
- How can we counteract the loneliness or sadness that often accompanies the holiday season?
- How can we avoid the secular influences on Advent and Christmas?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom. Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio, Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
Please click on the links below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: