Description: Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they answer your questions about root sin, as well as the difference between spiritual desolation and depression.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- What is the best way to determine our root sin or predominant fault?
- Can we have more than one root sin?
- What is the difference between spiritual desolation or the dark night of the soul, and depression or sadness?
- Is spiritual desolation the same as aridity?
- Does the dark night only take place during the transition period between the purgative and illuminative way?
- Can someone experience desolation during the difficult time when he or she first begins a prayer routine?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Navigating the Interior Life by Dan Burke
- The Three Ages of the Interior Life by Fr. Garrigou-Lagrange
- The Seven Deadly Sins by Dr. Kevin Vost
- The Catholic Guide to Depression by Dr. Aaron Keriaty
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom. Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio, Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
Please click on the links below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: