Description: Today, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson answer your questions about melancholic temperaments, desires versus temptations, and discerning God’s will.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- How can someone keep a melancholic, emotional temperament under control?
- What is wrong with the Buddhist practice of “mindfulness” popularized by Jon Kabat-Zinn?
- What is the examen prayer?
- What is the difference between desires and temptations?
- When do our desires come from God?
- How can I know that my will is aligned with God’s will?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- The Discernment of Spirits by Fr. Timothy Gallagher
- The Examen Prayer by Fr. Timothy Gallagher
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
- Please click on the links below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: