Description: This week Dan Burke and Melissa Elson delve more deeply into the first steps and elements of discovery prayer (or Lectio Divina) as explained in Dan’s book Into the Deep.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- How should we enter into prayer? What prayers are the best ones to begin our sacred time with God?
- Keep all distracting electronic devices out of your prayer space.
- What is the best pace for saying vocal and/or mental prayer?
- Begin discovery prayer with the gospels.
- What is the best method for reading the Gospel passage?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Into the Deep: Finding Peace Through Prayer by Dan Burke
- Luke 8:43 – The Woman with a Hemorrhage (USCCB Bible link)
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
Click on the links below to listen to the show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out to everyone. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: