Humility and Spiritual Growth
While pride is the root of all vice, humility is the root of all virtue. On this episode of Divine Intimacy Radio, we will discuss how we can cultivate humility and thus draw near to the heart of God.
- Dan and Melissa discuss humility.
- Meditation #106 from Divine Intimacy – “Humility is the firm bedrock upon which every Christian should build the edifice of his spiritual life.”
- Whereas pride is the root of all sin, humility is the root of all virtue.
- The beginning of the interior life is self-reflection, which brings about humility.
- Example – Melissa’s experience with humility at her daughter’s ballet class and how the Holy Spirit worked in her soul to combat her falling into pride.
- Dan and Melissa take a call about feeling God’s love vs. feeling defective despite receiving the sacraments.
- Suggestions to the caller: find out what is behind the feelings of defectiveness, mortal sin or lies she may be believing that are not of God. Also, meditation on the cross of Christ gives us the proof of His love for us.
- God has created each one of us to love us through all of eternity.
- We must set our mind always on the Spirit to find peace and orient our hearts toward God.
- Divine Intimacy – Fr. Gabriel of St. Mary Magdalen, O.C.D. – #96 “Proof of Love”
- Finding God Through Meditation – St. Peter of Alcántara. Edited by Daniel Burke
- For Call in questions for future shows 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
Click on the links below to listen to the show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. If the show is inspiring to you and you would like to help us make it a daily show, please click here to donate. All donors will receive a signed copy of your choice of Dan’s books, Finding God through Meditation, 30 Days with Teresa of Avila, or Navigating the Interior Life. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: