Join Dan and Stephanie Burke as they answer your questions about spiritual desolation, suffering, the prayer of quiet, consistency in prayer, Lectio Divina and more.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- How can we avoid getting discouraged during a period of desolation?
- How does one suffer well? How can we offer up our suffering?
- When exactly does the Holy Spirit initiate the “prayer of quiet” during our prayer time?
- Should we attempt to keep a consistent prayer time if our hours at work change frequently, or should we simply pray when we have the opportunity?
- What are the warning signs that we are starting to drift in prayer?
- Is Lectio Divina a form of mental prayer?
- What is Apostoli Viae?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- The Discernment of Spirits by Fr. Timothy Gallagher, S.J.
- The Sacrament of the Present Moment by Fr. Jean-Pierre De Caussade, S.J.
- Searching for and Maintaining Peace by Fr. Jacques Philippe
- www.apostoliviae.org – Apostoli Viae website
- 1 Thessalonians 5:23 – USCCB Bible link
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is the Divine Intimacy Radio Show?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those people seeking an increased intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, host Dan Burke and his co-host, Melissa Elson, explore topics related to the interior life and to authentic Catholic teaching. And, it’s amazing what they do! On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books and about the authors’ own insights on those books. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Please click on the links below to listen to today’s show! Please remember to tell your friends and your family about the show and to help us get the word out about it. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: