Join Dan and Stephanie Burke as they answer your questions about the Avila Institute’s High Calling Program, holiness, caring for a sick spouse and talking during Mass.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- What is the Avila Institute’s High Calling Program?
- What should we do when we are impatient when asking God to make us holy?
- When one cares for a sick spouse and cannot pray, is the care being given considered a prayer?
- Why are some Catholics legalistic and get angry when people greet and talk to each other in Mass? Doesn’t God want us to love one another through fellowship?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- The Surrender Novena
- The Lamb’s Supper by Dr. Scott Hahn
- A Devotional Journey Into the Mass by Christopher Carstens
- Jesus and the Jewish Roots of the Eucharist by Brant Pitre
- 1 Thessalonians 5:23 – USCCB Bible link
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is the Divine Intimacy Radio Show?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those people seeking an increased intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, host Dan Burke and his co-host, Melissa Elson, explore topics related to the interior life and to authentic Catholic teaching. And, it’s amazing what they do! On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books and about the authors’ own insights on those books. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Please click on the links below to listen to today’s show! Please remember to tell your friends and your family about the show and to help us get the word out about it. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: