Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they answer questions from listeners about beginning prayer and praying for others.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- Does God listen to our prayers when we are in a state of mortal sin?
- Is it worthwhile to pray for concrete things?
- How can we be assured our prayers are acceptable to God when we are distracted in prayer?
- Should a beginner start praying lectio divina with the daily Mass readings?
- Will God respond to our prayers for non-baptized people?
- Is there anything wrong with desiring to pray outside of the written prayers in our prayer books?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Into the Deep by Dan Burke
- The Better Part by Fr. John Bartunek
- 1 Thessalonians 5:23 – USCCB Bible link
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those people seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom. Every week our co-hosts Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio, Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!