Where should we pray and how much time should we spend in prayer? Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they speak with Connie Rossini about Fr. Jacques Philippe’s book Time for God and how to determine the best circumstances for your daily prayer experience.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- How can one benefit from having a designated prayer space in his or her home?
- How can icons or spiritual objects help us during our mental prayer time?
- Should children use the same prayer space as their parents, or should they have their own space?
- How can we establish a prayer time if our vocational obligations are unpredictable?
- Why do we need to be consistent in prayer?
- How much time should we allot for prayer each day?
- How can mothers specifically incorporate prayer time into their busy schedules?
- Can our time in prayer vary from week to week or should we remain consistent?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Time for God by Fr. Jacques Philippe
- Authentic Contemplative Prayer – Connie Rossini’s Facebook Group
- The Contemplative Rosary by Dan Burke and Connie Rossini
- Is Centering Prayer Catholic? by Connie Rossini
- “The Avila Summit” Information and Registration
- Text “summit2018” to 38470 to save $50 on registration to The Avila Summit.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:23 – USCCB Bible link
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those people seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom. Every week our co-hosts Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio, Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
Please click on the links below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends and your family about the show and help us to get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: