Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they speak with Christopher Carstens to discuss participation in the liturgy and the meaning and significance behind making the sign of the cross.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- What three events happen during the liturgy?
- How do we understand the sacramental principle?
- What is mystagogy?
- What does it mean to make the sign of the cross?
- How can the faithful enter into a more full/active participation into the Mass?
- Mystagogy leads us from visible reality to invisible realities.
- Where can we find references to the cross in Scripture?
- What is the significance of these references?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Sophia Institute Press
- A Devotional Journey into the Mass by Christopher Carstens
- Adoremus Bulletin
- The Liturgy Guys – podcast
- “The Avila Summit” Information and Registration
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, host Dan Burke and his co-host, Melissa Elson, explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching. On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books and about the authors’ own insights on those books. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Please click on the links below to listen to today’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends and your family about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: