Join Dan Burke and guest host, Stephanie Burke, as they speak with Christopher Carstens about his book A Devotional Journey into the Mass to help us discover the meaning and beauty of the liturgy.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- What are the major themes of the book?
- Why is active participation in the Mass so important?
- What does “active participation” in the Mass mean and how can we accomplish it?
- How should we enter into the church building?
- Why is it important to focus on something as simple as entering through the church doors?
- St. Augustine says that through the Eucharist, “we can become Christ.” What does this mean? How can we enter fully into the Eucharistic feast?
- How is the book set up? How can we use it to help us change our participation in the Mass?
- What is mystagogy and why is this approach used in the book?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Sophia Institute Press
- A Devotional Journey into the Mass by Christopher Carstens
- Adoremus Bulletin
- The Liturgy Guys – podcast
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching. On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books and about the authors’ own insights on those books. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Please click on the links below to listen to today’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends and your family about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: