Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson today as they answer your questions about sharing spiritual experiences and focusing the mind in prayer.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- Why do we share our spiritual experiences on the air?
- Why did St. Teresa of Avila mask her personal experiences and make it seem as though they were happening to someone else?
- Why do some well-meaning Christians imply that we think too much during prayer?
- Should we “empty our minds” in prayer?
- How do we avoid distractions in prayer?
- What should be our focus during prayer?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those people seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom. Every week our co-hosts Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio, Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!