How does an atheist come to believe in God? Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they speak with Dr. Holly Ordway about her contribution to the book From Atheism to Catholicism to find out what drew her to the Catholic Church.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- What did Dr. Ordway’s childhood look like in terms of the practice of Christianity?
- What influence did The Chronicles of Narnia and The Lord of the Rings have on Dr. Ordway’s conversion?
- How can atheists explain the innate sense of morality and goodness in people who aren’t Christian?
- Was there a personal witness in Dr. Ordway’s life who helped her better understand Christianity?
- Were there any Christian witnesses who pushed her further away from the Christian faith?
- How can someone approach an atheist about Christianity in a respectful and effective way?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Sophia Institute Press
- From Atheism to Catholicism Edited by Brandon McGinley
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching. On Tuesdays, they interview various people about their spiritual books and other resources, and about their own insights into those resources. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which, primarily include prayer, overcoming sin, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, virtue, and holiness.
Please click on the links below to listen to today’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: