Humility Through Humiliations
Summary: Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they reflect on the meditations of Fr. Gabriel of St. Mary Magdalen on humility through the willful acceptance of humiliations.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- Why should we strive to be humble?
- Why is humility the doorway to all of the virtues?
- In the gospels, how does Jesus look upon those who are humble as opposed to those who are prideful?
- Should humility be seen as a type of low self-esteem or lack of confidence?
- How does the world view the humble?
- Should we seek humiliations?
- How should we react to humiliations in order to grow in humility?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Divine Intimacy by Fr. Gabriel of St. Mary Magdalen
- The Better Part by Fr. John Bartunek
- In Conversation with God by Fr. Francis Fernandez-Carvajal
- 1 Thessalonians 5:23 – USCCB Bible link
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom. Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio, Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
Please click on the links below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: