Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they speak with Connie Rossini about properly preparing for Lent.
Topics/Questions Covered in the Show:
- When should we begin planning our Lenten practices of prayer, fasting, and almsgiving?
- What are some examples of how we can strengthen our relationship with God through these practices?
- What are some resources to help us pinpoint our “root” sin?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Is Centering Prayer Catholic? by Connie Rossini
- The Contemplative Rosary by Dan Burke and Connie Rossini
- Contemplative Homeschool – website for Connie Rossini
- Humility of Heart by Fr. Cajetan Mary da Bergamo
- Into the Deep: Finding Peace through Prayer by Dan Burke
- Finding God Through Meditation edited by Dan Burke
- Navigating the Interior Life by Dan Burke
- Luisa Piccarreta – Information on her cause – EWTN Link
- 1 Thessalonians 5:23 – USCCB Bible link
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom. Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio, Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
Please click on the links below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: