Description: Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they address the growing epidemic of loneliness with Dr. Kevin Vost and interview him on his book The Catholic Guide to Loneliness.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- What is loneliness?
- Is social media causing people to become less connected?
- What are the three psychological and behavioral components to loneliness?
- What are some unhealthy manifestations of loneliness?
- Why do the holidays seem to trigger loneliness?
- How does the book help those suffering from loneliness to overcome the effects of loneliness?
- We are never truly alone. God is always with us.
- Why did some of the saints seek out solitude?
- How can we grow closer to Christ through our loneliness?
- Does the devil use loneliness as an opportunity to bring us into despair?
- What are the ABC’s of lonely thinking?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Sophia Institute Press
- The Catholic Guide to Loneliness by Dr. Kevin Vost
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching. On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books and about the authors’ own insights on those books. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which, primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Please click on the links below to listen to today’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: