Description: Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they answer your questions about distractions in prayer, seeking perfection in the spiritual life and prayer postures.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- How can we keep our minds from wandering during prayer?
- Can we attribute any of these distractions to God?
- Should we separate mental prayer from our petitions?
- Are distractions sinful?
- What should we do if we always fall asleep during the rosary?
- Does God expect perfection from us? If He does not, why do we strive to be perfect?
- Why are different postures in prayer important?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Into the Deep: Finding Peace through Prayer by Dan Burke
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom. Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio, Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
Please click on the links below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: