Description: Join Dan Burke and Melissa Elson as they speak with Patrick Madrid about his book Surprised by Life where they explore how life issues brought ten individuals to the Catholic Church.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- Patrick Madrid tells his story about how he became a Catholic apologist.
- What was the motivation for this book and the other books in the “Surprised by” series?
- How does contraception affect marriage and the family?
- What are some examples of the conversions that took place as described in the book?
- How does God make Himself known to those who have experienced abortion?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Sophia Institute Press
- Surprised by Life by Patrick Madrid
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching. On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books and about the authors’ own insights on those books. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which, primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Please click on the arrow below to listen to today’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the arrow below to listen to the show: