Obedience, Prayer Methods, and Spiritual Consolations
Description: Today, Dan and Melissa answer your questions about prayer methods, obedience to Church teaching, and spiritual consolations.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- When time is limited, what is the best way to pray when we are given so many options in the Church such as the Liturgy of the Hours, the rosary, Lectio Divina, mental prayer and the Jesus prayer from the Eastern Rite?
- Is obedience practiced as an act of love necessary for eternal intimacy with God?
- John 14:21 – “Whoever has my commandments and observes them is the one who loves me. And whoever loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and reveal myself to him.”
- Should the interior heart reflect and be in line with exterior fruits?
- Romans 7:19 – “For I do not do the good I want, but I do the evil I do not want.”
- Romans 8:6 – “The concern of the flesh is death, but the concern of the spirit is life and peace.”
Why should we not seek consolations in prayer?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Into the Deep – Finding Peace Through Prayer by Dan Burke
- The Contemplative Rosary by Dan Burke and Connie Rossini
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom. Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio, Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
Please click on the links below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: