Salvation, the Scapular, and Spiritual Darkness
Description: Today, Dan and Melissa answer your questions about the scapular, the difference between Protestant and Catholic views of salvation, and spiritual darkness.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- How can one go about supporting Divine Intimacy Radio and the Avila Institute?
- Why do some people wear the scapular visibly? Shouldn’t the scapular be warn under clothing?
- How is the concept of “assurance of salvation” in Protestant doctrine viewed in Catholicism?
Is there a difference between darkness and aridity in prayer or are they merely different descriptions of the same experience?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Into the Deep – Finding Peace Through Prayer by Dan Burke
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom. Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio, Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
Please click on the links below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: