Description: How can the world news affect our lives? How does one determine if he or she is experiencing spiritual aridity? Today, Dan and Melissa answer these question as they discuss an e-mail from a listener.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- Could over consumption of news be considered sinful?
- Why is it detrimental for faithful Catholics to focus incessantly on the problems within the Church? How does the account of Jesus rebuking the disciples for waking Him in the boat during a storm apply to this situation?
- What does it mean to “practice the presence of God”?
- What causes aridity?
- How does one know if he or she is transitioning from one level of prayer to another?
- What is the prayer of silence or quiet?
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Matthew 8:23-27 – Jesus calms the storm.
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location and question(s).
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
- Please click on the links below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: