Description: How can we find joy in God’s will for us? Dan, Melissa and Dr. Anthony Lilles discuss the wisdom of St. Thérèse of Lisieux on the role of Our Lady in the spiritual life and the importance of humility.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- Why would anyone look outside of the Church for spiritual sustenance?
- Why is St. Thérèse of Lisieux so important in our time? Why should anyone read her writings?
- Why is St. Thérèse so popular and so loved among the faithful?
- What difficulties is Celine experiencing at this time?
- Why does Thérèse feel that she is more blessed than the Blessed Mother?
- God works through all situations and circumstances to bring us to Himself.
- Why does St. Thérèse mention the story of Zacchaeus?
Resources for this week’s show:
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Living the Mystery of Merciful Love: 30 Days with Thérèse of Lisieux by Dr. Anthony Lilles and Dan Burke
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
- Please click on the links below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: