Description: How should we treat those souls who have fallen away from the Faith? Dan, Melissa and Dr. Anthony Lilles discuss the wisdom of St. Thérèse of Lisieux on the power of intercessory prayer and the mercy of our Lord.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- St. Thérèse urges her sister to pray for a man who has left the Church in a scandalous way.
- Who is this person and why is St. Thérèse so concerned about him?
- St. Thérèse understands that each and every soul has been created to enter into a loving relationship with God and approaches the situation with this understanding of God’s love.
- How should we treat similar people who we may encounter in our daily lives?
- What is the power of prayer, fasting and sacrifice?
- If we pray, fast and sacrifice for a soul who is apart from God, should we expect to see results soon after?
- How can we help souls who have chosen to be separated from God return to Him?
- How does St. Thérèse show her maternal instincts toward this man?
Resources for this week’s show:
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Living the Mystery of Merciful Love: 30 Days with Thérèse of Lisieux by Dr. Anthony Lilles and Dan Burke
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
- Please click on the links below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: