The Seven Gifts of the Holy Spirit:
Every Spiritual Warrior’s Guide to God’s Invincible Gifts
Description: In part 2 today, Dan and Melissa speak with Dr. Kevin Vost and take a more in-depth look at his book The Seven Gifts of the Holy Spirit.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- How can we employ the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit and grow in holiness?
- What is piety and how can we live it?
- What are the different types of knowledge?
- What is the difference between the virtue of knowledge and the gift of knowledge?
- What is the difference between the gift of knowledge and the gift of wisdom?
- What is a good Scriptural example of the gift of fortitude?
- How can one use the gift of fortitude to overcome one of the seven deadly sins, i.e. gluttony?
- What is the gift of counsel?
- Why are understanding, counsel, and wisdom considered the highest of the seven gifts?
- What is the gift of understanding?
- What is the gift of wisdom and how does St. Thomas Aquinas embody this gift?
Resources for this week’s show:
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Sophia Institute Press
- The Seven Gifts of the Holy Spirit: Every Spiritual Warrior’s Guide to God’s Invincible Gifts by Kevin Vost
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching. On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books and about the authors’ own insights on those books. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which, primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Please click on the links below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: