Description: Dan Burke and Melissa Elson speak with Dr. Christopher Blum about his book Meditations for Lent and how Bishop Jacques-Bénigne Bossuet’s reflections on the life of Christ will inspire any and every soul to enter into a new relationship with our Lord.
Questions/Topics discussed on the show:
- How did Dr. Blum discover the writings of Bishop Jacques-Bénigne Bossuet?
- Who is Bishop Bossuet and what kind of writing is he known for?
- Who were his main spiritual influences and what school of spirituality did he belong to?
- How do his writings compare to those of some of his famous contemporaries?
- Why did Dr. Blum choose these particular meditations?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Sophia Institute Press
- Meditations for Lent by Bishop Jacques-Bénigne Bossuet, edited and translated by Dr. Christopher Blum
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Twice a week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching. On Tuesdays, they interview various authors about their spiritual books and about the authors’ own insights on those books. On Fridays, they get specific on subjects which, primarily include prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
- Please click on the links below to listen to this week’s show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: