Description: Life passes quickly, so says our good St. Thérèse. This week Dan, Melissa, and Dr. Anthony Lilles discuss what it means to face hardships in this short life and follow in the steps of our crucified Lord and enjoy the fruits he merited for us in heaven.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- St. Thérèse wants to suffer for Jesus, but it seems like she is waiting until she enters Carmel. Why?
- St. Thérèse expresses her desire to go through trials here on earth and have a “beautiful crown” in heaven.
- St. Thérèse mentions that “life passes quickly”. How can we make the most of our time here on earth?
- What does our Lord expect from us while we are living in the world?
- Humanity constantly searches for joy that does not pass away. This life and all of its joys are passing. The joy of heaven is eternal.
- How can we save souls through our suffering?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Living the Mystery of Merciful Love: 30 Days with Thérèse of Lisieux by Dr. Anthony Lilles and Dan Burke
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. — please leave your name, location, and question.
- Click on the arrow below to listen to the show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the arrow below to listen to the show: