Description: This week Dan, Melissa and Dr. Anthony Lilles examine the ray of hope St. Thérèse sends to us through her oblation to merciful love in speaking of instantaneous purification; the Lord’s mercy when preparing a soul to meet Him.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- What is the significance of instantaneous purification?
- How does Pelagianism compare to St. Thérèse’s thought of instantaneous purification?
- If God can purify us in an instant, why should we strive to make a perfect act of love?
- Why should we respond to the gifts God has given us?
- Why does St. Thérèse offer herself as a “victim of holocaust” to God’s merciful love?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Living the Mystery of Merciful Love: 30 Days with Thérèse of Lisieux by Dr. Anthony Lilles and Dan Burke
- Lumen Gentium, Paragraph 14 – Responding to the grace of Christ
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. — please leave your name, location, and question.
- Click on the arrow below to listen to the show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the arrow below to listen to the show: