Experiencing Joy in Suffering for Love of Christ
Description: This week Dan and Dr. Lilles delve into the mystery of experiencing joy in suffering for love of Christ, as seen through the eyes of Saint Thérèse of Lisieux, also known as “The Little Flower”.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- Was the oblation written at the pinnacle of her spiritual journey?
- What does she mean by the “crucible of suffering”?
- How do we experience joy in suffering for love of Christ?
- Does God want us to suffer?
- Is St. Thérèse of Lisieux, the Little Flower, a mystic in the traditional sense of mysticism?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Living the Mystery of Merciful Love: 30 Days with Thérèse of Lisieux by Dr. Anthony Lilles and Dan Burke
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
Please click on the links below to listen to the show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: