Description: This week, Dan and Melissa discuss prayer as a battle and give strategies to combat the forces that interfere with progress in prayer.
Topics/Questions covered in the show:
- Why is prayer referred to as “a battle” in the Catechism of the Catholic Church?
- Distractions can be a serious setback for those seeking to advance in prayer.
- What types of distractions are the most detrimental?
- What are some strategies to help prevent or eliminate distractions?
- Spiritualdirection.com – website
- EWTN Global Catholic Radio
- Avila Institute for Spiritual Formation
- EWTN Religious Catalogue – online
- Into the Deep: Finding Peace Through Prayer by Dan Burke
- Luke 15:11-32 – The Parable of the Prodigal Son (USCCB Bible link)
- Questions? Send an e-mail to Questions@myavila.com or call 818-646-7729. Please leave your name, location, and question(s).
What is Divine Intimacy Radio?
The Divine Intimacy Radio Show is a haven of rest and wellspring of spiritual life for those seeking intimacy with God and the enlightened path of Catholic mystical and ascetical wisdom.
Every week, Dan Burke and Melissa Elson explore topics related to the interior life and Catholic teaching, including prayer, spiritual direction, meditation, contemplation, and holiness.
Divine Intimacy Radio Show and EWTN!
This radio show can also be heard every Sunday on EWTN Radio Sundays at 6:30 am, 1:30 pm, and 11:00 pm Eastern time. We are grateful to EWTN for their support!
Click on the links below to listen to the show! Don’t forget to tell your friends about the show and help us get the word out. Click HERE for mobile devices or on the links below to listen to the show: